Town of Ajax; OPG; Enbridge; Rotary; Veridian; Debbie's Boutique Café; Ajax Creative Arts
PINERIDGE ARTS COUNCIL TERMS OF ELIGIBILITY
ALL WORKS MUST BE APPROPRIATELY PRESENTED
• Maximum width, including any frame is 102 cm (40")
• Maximum weight, including glass, frame, etc. 9.1 kg (20 lbs.)
• Each must have .635 cm (1/4") minimum O or D-rings or screw eyes
(no sawhooks) on both sides at the back of the entry, placed not
more than one third down from the top of the frame. Our hooks go
through these rings or eyes, not the wire. Gallery canvas must have finished
• Wet art and those with only sawhooks, will not be accepted for entry.
• No artwork will be accepted at the McLean Community Centre desk.
• Digital art accepted as long as it meets the above conditions.
ARTISTS' ELIGIBILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Annual PineRidge Arts Council Juried Art Show is open to all members
of PRAC and/or residents of Durham Region.
• Due to limitations of space, a maximum of two pieces of work will be
accepted from each artist – explanations of the piece cannot be displayed.
• Insurance coverage for the work submitted is the responsibility of the
artist, PRAC or Town of Ajax are not responsible for loss or damage.
• Artwork should not be entered unless the artist can arrange for it to be
delivered and picked up on the required dates and times.
ELIGIBILITY OF ARTWORK
• Art previously exhibited at a PRAC Juried Art Show will not be accepted.
• Only original work (no copies of works by other visual artists, whether
paintings, illustrations or classroom works which have been demonstrated
on by instructors) may be submitted.
• No photography for 2015.
• Artwork must remain in the McLean Community Centre until Sunday,
November 22, 2015 when the show is complete.
The PineRidge Arts Council reserves the right to photograph the artists and
artwork for publicity, web posting and other not-for-profit purposes.
JAS 2015 entry form now on-line!
GREAT NEWS! we have a Juror for 2015 ~ Phil Richards
2015 Juried Art Show pdfs
Full Form | just the Rules, Regulations and Entry Form
On-line registration form
Entry forms, accompanied by the appropriate entry fee, must be received ONLY at the home of the JAS Co-Chairs by Friday, September 18, 2015.
Susan Brown and Brian Smallman
225 County Road 8
Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
• Please make cheque payable to PineRidge Arts Council.
• $20 entry fee for PRAC members for up to two entries
• $30 entry fee for non-PRAC members for up to two entries
• $10 youth entries (age 13 to 19) for up to two entries.
• All entry fees are non-refundable.
• All cheques will be deposited late October.
• Entry changes or substitutions will not be accepted after Friday,
September 18, 2015.
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
Deliveries will be accepted on Sunday, October 18 – from 12 to 4 P M. at
McLean Community Centre, 95 Magill Drive, Ajax.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Only artists whose work has been selected to hang will be notified by phone on Monday, October 19, between 4 and 9 P.M. Names and titles of pieces selected to be posted to website.
PICKUP OF ARTWORK NOT IN THE SHOW
Artist to arrange for pickup of artwork that will not be in the show on Wednesday, October 21, from 1 to 3 P.M. and from 5 to 7 P.M.
PICKUP OF ARTWORK AT CLOSE OF THE SHOW
Artist to arrange for pickup of artwork on Sunday, November 22, from 1 to
3 P.M. There is no secure storage after the pickup dates and times.
AWARDS PRESENTATION AND OPENING RECEPTION
Friday, October 23, from 7:00 to 8:30 P.M., awards at 7:15 P.M., Banquet Hall in the McLean Community Centre, 95 Magill Drive, Ajax, L1T 3K7
Thank you to our 2014 sponsors. If you would like to sponsor an award OR an award in your name, for 2015 please contact us.
| | | | |
Ajax Creative Arts | Body and Mind | Dentistry on Liverpool | Durham West Arts Centre Foundation
PINERIDGE ARTS COUNCIL LOU SCHNIPPERING |
ONTARIO POWER GENERATION |
ENBRIDGE PIPELINES INC. |
ROTARY CLUB OF PICKERING |
TOWN OF AJAX |
OPTIMIST CLUB OF AJAX | VERIDIAN CONNECTIONS | DURHAM WEST ARTS CENTRE FOUNDATION | BODY AND MIND | AJAX CREATIVE ARTS | DENTISTRY ON LIVERPOOL
Thank you to all 96 artists for entering
2014 OPENING RECEPTION PHOTOS ON FACEBOOK!
Non-facebook members, please try
2014 Juror ~ Sam Paonessa
Sam Paonessa was born in Niagara Falls, Canada and graduated from the Ontario College of Art in Toronto. Showing early promise, Sam was awarded a studio scholarship upon graduation, which enabled him to further develop his talents in commercial art. He was then hired by an advertising studio for the next two and a half years. In 1983 Sam was offered employment at Hallmark Canada and has been on staff creating paintings and artwork for a variety of products over the past 27 years.
For many years Sam has traveled and painted plein air landscapes in North America and Italy. He is a founding member of Plein Air Canada and recently became a member of the Ontario Society of Artists. Over the past seven years he has been sharing his talent by conducting demonstrations and teaching oil painting workshops in the GTA. His pursuit of
excellence is being rewarded, as he has gained the attention of fine art collectors, both corporate and private across North America.
Other notable recognition includes a Quick Draw 1st prize in 2007 and 2nd prize in the 2006 International Plein Air Painters Annual Paint Out and an honourable mention in the oil category in 2005.
Guest Performer ~ Kim Michele, harpist